ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center seeks a sophisticated, entrepreneurial development professional to lead and significantly expand the corporate and foundation fundraising program. The successful candidate will be a seasoned development professional with a track record of success in institutional fundraising. Working closely with the Director of Development, he/she will develop and drive the short-and long-term corporate and foundation fundraising agenda.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Position reports to Director of Development
- Develop a strategic plan to expand and enhance the opportunities for corporate and foundation support for all aspects of CMS outreach and performances
- Secure significant financial support from foundations and corporations and sustain or increase the contributions of existing donors
- Research prospects, create new proposals, cultivate, solicit, and follow-up with prospects, including acknowledgments, tracking, and reporting
- Reports to Director of Development; manages one staff grant writer
- Miscellaneous duties as required including attendance at evening and weekend concerts and events as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
The new Associate Director must be a conceptual thinker, strategic, resourceful, and a savvy relationship builder and connector.
- A minimum of five years of experience in corporate and foundation relations, preferably within a performing arts organization. A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Enthusiasm and interest for the mission and activities of the Chamber Music Society
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to exercise sound judgment, adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Outstanding writing, planning and organizational skills and the ability to set priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Board members, colleagues, and the public.
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build relationships with leadership at foundations and corporations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; Tessitura experience highly preferred
Send cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Associate Director of Institutional Giving
Qualified candidates will be notified. NO CALLS PLEASE.