A treasure of delights fills this season’s Baroque Collection, from Bach’s magnificent Trio Sonata from the Musical Offering, to Heinrich Böddecker’s little-known Sonata sopra la monica, a virtuosic showcase for the bassoon. Vivaldi’s “La Pastorella” Concerto brings together the full complement of musicians for a triumphant finale.
Photo Credit: Andrew Kim
Performance Dates & Tickets
This performance will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
December 7, 2012, 7:30 PM
Ticket Price: $82, $65, $45
This event has already occurred.
- Böddecker Sonata sopra la monica for Bassoon, Violin, and Continuo (1651)
- Bach Sonata in A major for Violin and Harpsichord, BWV 1015 (Before 1725)
- Heinichen Concerto in G major for Oboe, Bassoon, Cello, and Continuo
- Bach Trio Sonata in C minor for Flute, Violin, and Continuo, from Musical Offering, BWV 1079 (1747)
- Zelenka Sonata No. 3 in B-flat major for Violin, Oboe, Bassoon, and Continuo, ZWV 181 (c. 1721–22)
- Vivaldi Concerto in D major for Flute, Oboe, Violin, Bassoon, and Continuo, RV 95, “La Pastorella” (1716)
Meet the Artists
About this Concert
1 hour, 30 minutes