In the last decade of his life Brahms made the decision to stop composing, but the dazzling playing of a virtuoso clarinetist inspired him to write again. This program celebrates his late masterworks, providing a vivid portrait of Brahms in his mature glory.
Photo Credit: Lisa-Marie Mazzucco
Performance Dates & Tickets
This performance will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
October 21, 2014, 7:30 PM
Ticket Price: Starting at $30
- Brahms Trio in A minor for Clarinet, Cello, and Piano, Op. 114 (1891)
- Brahms Sonata in D minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 108 (1886-88)
- Brahms Intermezzo in E-flat major for Piano, Op. 117, No. 1 (1892)
- Brahms Rhapsody in E-flat major for Piano, Op. 119, No. 4 (1893)
- Brahms Quintet in B minor for Clarinet, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Op. 115 (1891)
Meet the Artists