Season & Tickets
CMS ON TOUR - Vancouver Playhouse
Plan Your Visit
CMS goes on tour to the Vancouver Playhouse.
Music's color spectrum is no more vividly portrayed than in the wind music of French composers. Leading up to Poulenc's celebrated Sextet are effervescent quintets by the iconic masters Françaix and Ibert, a delicate sonata by rarely-heard composer Maurice Emmanuel, and a contemporary work by Yan Maresz that carries the tradition of French sound into the 21st century.
Event Dates & Tickets
This event has already occurred.
- Emmanuel Sonata for Flute, Clarinet, and Piano, Op. 11 (1907)
- Maresz Circumambulation for Flute (1993, rev. 1996)
- Françaix Quintet for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and Horn (1948)
- Ibert Trois Pièces Brèves for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and Horn (1930)
- Poulenc Sextet for Piano, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and Horn (1932-39)
Meet the Artists
About this Event
1 hour, 20 minutes