For the first time ever, cellists from the Chamber Music Society are joined by illustrious colleagues from The MET Orchestra, New York Philharmonic, and New York City Ballet for a once-in-a-lifetime concert featuring everyone’s favorite instrument — the cello.
Photo Credit: Matthew Murphy
Event Dates & Tickets
This event will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
Ticket Price: $68, $52, $35
This event has already occurred.
- Tavener Threnos for Cello (1990)
"Canzon septimi toni a 8, C. 171" for Eight Cellos from Sacrae Symphony (1597)
- Carter Figment No. 2—Remembering Mr. Ives for Cello (2001)
- Tansman Two Movements for Four Cellos (1935)
- Dutilleux Trois strophes sur le nom de Sacher for Cello (1976, 1982)
- Pärt Fratres for Eight Cellos (1977, arr. 1983)
- Casals Sardana for Eight Cellos (1927)
- Barrière Sonata in G major for Two Cellos
- Stravinsky Tango for Four Cellos (1940)
- Schickele Last Tango in Bayreuth for Four Cellos(1973)
- Villa-Lobos Bachianas brasileiras No. 1 for Eight Cellos (1930)
Meet the Artists