Out of the Baroque era rose a musical style that was concerned with form, simplicity, and hierarchy, but not before a stop in the tumultuous Sturm und Drang that preceded the Classical period. This program exhibits that transition, from Bach’s legacy to Mozart’s beginnings.
Photo Credit: Andrew Kim
Performance Dates & Tickets
This performance will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
January 12, 2014, 5:00 PM
Ticket Price: $70, $54, $37
- J.S. Bach Ricercar in Six Voices from Musical Offering, BWV 1079 (1747)
- J.C. Bach Quintet in G major for Flute, Oboe, Violin, Viola, and Continuo, Op. 11, No. 2 (1774)
- Dittersdorf Quartet No. 5 in E-flat major for Strings, K. 195 (1789)
- C.P.E. Bach Concerto in A major for Cello and Strings, W. 172 (1753)
- Boccherini Quintet in C major for Two Violins, Viola, and Two Cellos, G. 324, “La musica notturna delle strade di Madrid” (1780)
- Mozart Divertimento in D major for Oboe, Two Horns, and Strings, K. 251 (1776)
Meet the Artists
About this Concert
1 hour, 50 minutes