Front Row Series Overview
CMS Front Row was originally conceived in March 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic made it impossible to perform for live audiences in the concert hall. This fall, in addition to the beautifully shot, carefully curated full-length performance videos, new content is being created to accompany and complement the archival concert series. CMS Front Row was created to sustain audiences and provide a new way to experience this beautiful art form in a meaningful and innovative way, from the virtual “Front Row,” in the comfort and safety of listeners’ homes.
Viewing passes and packages are available for purchase now. Events will remain on demand on the CMS website and each event may be accessed multiple times by logging in to your InPlayer account.
Jump straight to Viewing Pass Purchase Guide.
Front Row Mainstage:
Experience the peerless artistry of CMS with newly curated full-length HD concerts featuring archival video recordings woven together into never-before-heard concert pairings. Intermission will feature a Q&A with the artists.
Four events, the Aritst Series are dedicated to individual CMS artists and ensembles, Anthony McGill, Calidore Quartet, Paul Neubauer, and Ani Kavafian. The full events will remain available to watch on demand.
Explore the musical legacies of towering figures in classical music through conversations with students and colleagues along with film clips and historical photos. The full events will be available for on demand streaming on the CMS website.
Free admission with required Zoom registration.
The Art of Interpretation:
Immerse yourself in the practice room as CMS musicians showcase how artists interpret specific musical passages and prepare to perform a piece of music. Streamed live from the Rose Studio, these events combine lecture and performance elements. The full events will remain available to watch on demand for two weeks after their initial broadcast.
Viewing passes are $13 each for each event.
Premiere: International Quartets Series:
CMS’s newest initiative launches this fall with three full-length live and newly recorded concerts by renowned international quartets. The full events will remain available to watch on demand for two weeks after their initial broadcast.
*Viewing passes are $20 per concert.
Join Bruce Adolphe as the world’s greatest and only Private Ear, Inspector Pulse, for short, weekly music lessons exploring the fundamentals of music-making and a digital Q&A. Also featuring Katja Stroke-Adolphe as Inspector Pulse's daughter, Katja Pulse! Videos will then be available for on demand streaming on the CMS website.
Free to watch on CMS's Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Select Purchase Viewing Pass on the video you wish to access
- If this is your first time purchasing, select Sign Up and enter your information. Please note this is not your CMS account login. You will need to create a new account through InPlayer. In order to submit your registration and accept InPlayer’s terms, you must scroll down on the pop up registration form, beneath the personal information field labeled “Location,” until you see a button labeled "Register." Check the check box labeled “I agree to the Terms” and click the button labeled Register.
- If you already have an account, enter your email and password
- Pick your price option: The single view access prices ($13 or $20) will give you access to one event only; buying a package ($30 or $50) will allow you to watch all three events in the package.
- Fill out your credit card information
- If you have a voucher code, enter it in the Voucher Code field
- Click Access and begin watching! The event will begin on the video page at 7:30 PM EST. If the video does not start playing at the event time, try refreshing your page. If you are already logged in to your InPlayer account, the event will automatically begin. Otherwise please login to your account with your InPlayer email and password to access the event. Please note dates are listed month/day/year and times are listed in UTC.
- You can come back anytime during the on demand period to watch by logging in to your InPlayer account.
- See further tips and tricks for having the best viewing experience here.
Problems with your purchase or need help with your account? Please visit InPlayer's support page here.