Many have called Johann Sebastian Bach the greatest composer ever. Who can argue with them? This program constitutes just one more argument for Bach’s coronation: the composer of the greatest oratorios, cantatas, and concertos also set the bar for solo instrumental writing virtually beyond reach.
- Bach Partita No. 3 in E major for Violin, BWV 1006 (c. 1720)
- Bach Suite in G minor for Lute, BWV 995 (c. 1730)
- Bach French Suite in B minor for Keyboard, BWV 814 (c. 1722–25)
- Bach Partitas on O Gott, du frommer Gott for Organ, BWV 767 (c. 1707–08)
- Bach Suite No. 6 in D major for Cello, BWV 1012 (c. 1720)
This event will stream online at ChamberMusicSociety.org.
This digital event is available for purchase until 12:00 PM ET on January 6, 2022.
Once purchased, this event will remain on demand in your account until Monday, February 21, 2022.
If you have already purchased ticket(s) to the live concert, the Digital Encore will be automatically added to your online account after the live event.