Digital Encore: Winter Festival: Schubert Forever
Wednesday, February 15, 2023, at 12:00 PM ET at ChamberMusicSociety.org
Tickets start at $20.00
Like a shooting star, Franz Schubert blazed across music's sky for a brief 31 years, leaving behind over 1,000 works that transformed the Classical into the Romantic age.
Four programs spanning Schubert's creative career and variety of compositions offer a rich journey into one of music's most ethereal worlds. A fifth concert explores how the legacy of Schubert and composers in the two centuries following his death have re-worked and been inspired by his compositions.
- Mendelssohn Selected Songs Without Words for Piano
- Schubert “Ballet Music No. 2” for Violin and Piano from Rosamunde, Fürstin von Zypern, D. 797 (arr. Kreisler) (1823, arr. 1917)
- Liszt “Die Forelle” from Six Melodies of Franz Schubert for Piano, S. 563 (1844)
- Previn Vocalise for Soprano, Cello, and Piano (1995)
- Ernst Grand Caprice on Schubert’s “Erlkönig” for Violin, Op. 26 (1854)
- John Harbison November 19,1828 for Piano, Violin, Viola, and Cello (1988)
- Mahler Rückert-Lieder for Mezzo-Soprano, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Piano (1901-02)
- Korngold Quintet in E major for Piano, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Op. 15 (1921)
This digital event is available for purchase until March 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET. Once purchased the event will remain on demand until March 8, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.