The spirit of hope and unfettered possibility rings through in the music of this concert, from the enchanting MacDowell to the passionate Beach; from the contemplative Copland to the wild and wacky Ives and the heartfelt musical portrait of America by Dvořák.
- MacDowell Two Fantasy Pieces for Piano, Op. 17 (1883)
- Beach Quintet in F-sharp minor for Piano, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Op. 67 (1907)
- Copland Two Pieces for String Quartet (1923–28)
- Ives Scherzo for String Quartet, “Holding Your Own!” (1904)
- Dvořák Quartet No. 12 in F major for Strings, Op. 96,“The American” (1893)