Friday, December 1, 2023, 7:30 PM at Alice Tully Hall
Renowned harpsichordist and CMS Artist Kenneth Weiss offers a collection of works, all of them captivating discoveries from the eternal wellspring of Baroque repertoire.
Seven leading composers provide invention, virtuosity, and the irresistible spirit so beloved in the music of this era.
- Telemann Parisian Quartet No. 2 in A minor from Nouveaux Quatuors en Six Suites for Flute, Violin, and Continuo (1738)
- CPE Bach Trio Sonata in C minor for Two Violins and Continuo, H.579 “Sanguineus et Melancholicus” (1749)
- Buxtehude Trio Sonata in B-flat major for Violin and Continuo, Op. 1, No. 4 (1694)
- Couperin Le Parnasse, ou L’Apotheose de Corelli, Grande Sonate en Trio for Two Violins and Continuo (1724)
- Rameau Concert IV from Pièces de Clavecin en Concerts for Flute, Violin, and Continuo (1726–27)
- Rebel Les Élémens for Flute, Two Violins, and Continuo (1737)
This event will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
Performance Length Approximately 2 hours with intermission
The most flexible subscription option - choose at least 3 concerts to make your own subscription and save 15% off single ticket prices.
Celebrate the holidays with three special Baroque concerts, including the popular Brandenburg Concertos.