"As music expresses very personal emotions, I chose a set of pieces that tap into our deepest and innermost emotions, and that pull on our souls outwardly and inwardly.
Some of these pieces are achingly beautiful, nostalgic, heartfelt, and bittersweet, like a smile with a teardrop. Other pieces are emotionally effusive in nature; full of soulful, sultry, and sensual feelings. These are works that go to emotionally vulnerable places of the heart." — Danbi Um
The timeless art of the recital is perpetuated in the hands of present-day masters of the genre. Experience the musical journeys crafted by these thrilling performers in the intimate Rose Studio.
- Korngold Four Pieces for Violin and Piano from the Incidental Music to Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, Op. 11 (1918-19)
- Bloch Abodah for Violin and Piano (1929)
- Enescu Sonata No. 3 in A minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 25, “Dans le caractère populaire roumain” (1926)
- Strauss Sonata in E-flat major for Violin and Piano, Op. 18 (1887-88)
- Hubay Scènes de la Csárda No. 3 for Violin and Piano, Op. 18, “Maros vize” (1885)
- Kreisler Midnight Bells (after Heuberger's The Opera Ball) for Violin and Piano (1923)
- Kreisler Viennese Rhapsodic Fantasietta for Violin and Piano (1941-42)