Three very different teams highlight the great variety that a duo can offer.
Maurice Duruflé’s post-Romantic trio then augments the duo format, and all join for the concluding Septet by virtuoso pianist Johann Hummel, a pupil of Mozart and Haydn who was admired by Beethoven.
- Beethoven Sonata for Horn and Piano, Op. 17 (1800)
- Rossini Duetto in D major for Cello and Bass (1824)
- Britten Two Insect Pieces for Oboe and Piano (1935)
- Duruflé Prélude, Récitatif et Variations for Flute, Viola, and Piano, Op. 3 (1928)
- Hummel Septet in D minor for Flute, Oboe, Horn, Viola, Cello, Bass, and Piano, Op. 87 (1802)
This event will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
Approximately 2 hours minutes with intermission
The most flexible subscription option - choose at least 3 concerts to make your own subscription and save 15% off single ticket prices.
CMS360Tickets for Ages Under 39
The easiest way for music-lovers between the ages under 39 to experience great music for a great price. A subscription only costs $20, and it unlocks up to two tickets per Mainstage concert at Alice Tully Hall for only $20 a ticket!
Start Here: Chamber Music Essentials
Are you curious about chamber music but haven't attended many concerts? Are you a seasoned listener interested in deepening your understanding of chamber music?
This collection of concerts weaves between masterful duos, trios and more, crafted to bring you closer to the music.