The idea of time is inseparable from the experience of music, an art form that is both enduring and transient. In this season of "Bridging the Ages," the New Milestones series does a deep dive into how time is manifested in music and how music enhances time through themes of memory, tradition, duration, and transcription.
The New Milestones Series is made possible, in part, by the Howard Gilman Foundation, Francis Goelet Charitable Lead Trusts, and The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.
Livestreams and other digital initiatives are supported, in part, by MetLife Foundation, The Hauser Foundation, and the Sidney E. Frank Foundation.
- Stravinsky Suite italienne for Violin and Piano (1932)
- Finnissy Australian Sea Shanties, Set 2 for Piano (1983)
- Saunders to and fro for Violin and Oboe (2010)
- Hurel Tombeau (In memoriam Gérard Grisey) for Percussion and Piano (2000)
- Dutilleux Les citations for Oboe, Harpsichord, Double Bass, and Percussion (1985, rev. 1990–91, 2010)