Rachmaninov: The Pianist
Sergei Rachmaninov was a leading exponent of the virtuoso pianist tradition, showcased in this program spanning nearly two centuries of keyboard mastery.
Rachmaninov himself gets the last word, with his blockbuster Second Suite, a stunning composition of orchestral texture and operatic drama.
- Mozart Sonata in D major for Two Pianos, K. 448 (1781)
- Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker Suite, transcribed for Piano, Four Hands, Op. 71a (1892)
- Debussy En Blanc et Noir for Two Pianos (1915)
- William Bolcom “The Serpent’s Kiss” from The Garden of Eden Suite for Two Pianos (1974)
- Rachmaninov Suite No. 2 in C minor for Two Pianos, Op. 17 (1901)
This event will take place at Alice Tully Hall. Please click here for more information on the venue.
Performance Length Approximately 2 hours with intermission
The most flexible subscription option - choose at least 3 concerts to make your own subscription and save 15% off single ticket prices.
Masters of the Keyboard
Take your seat to revel in performances by the most accomplished piano virtuosi of our time in a series that celebrates composers from past to present.
This collection of concerts weaves between masterful duos, trios and more, crafted to bring you closer to the music.