As a prelude to this season’s Winter Festival, Russian Panorama, CMS presents an eclectic and surprising array of works by composers who influenced the country’s spectacular musical evolution.
- Viotti Duo in G major for Two Violins, W 4.9 (c. 1789–90)
- Mozart Andante and Five Variations in G major for Piano, Four Hands, K. 501 (1786)
- Glinka Variations on a theme of Mozart for Piano (1822, rev. 1827)
- Liszt Grand duo concertant sur la romance de ‘Le Marin’ for Violin and Piano (1835)
- Field Nocturne No. 2 in C minor for Piano (1812)
- Mendelssohn Lied ohne Worte in E-flat major for Piano, Op. 30, No. 1 (1830)
- Schumann Quartet in E-flat major for Piano, Violin, Viola, and Cello, Op. 47 (1842)