Many have called Johann Sebastian Bach the greatest composer ever. Who can argue with them? This program constitutes just one more argument for Bach’s coronation: the composer of the greatest oratorios, cantatas, and concertos also set the bar for solo instrumental writing virtually beyond reach.
- Bach Partita No. 3 in E major for Violin, BWV 1006 (c. 1720)
- Bach Suite in G minor for Lute, BWV 995 (c. 1730)
- Bach French Suite in B minor for Keyboard, BWV 814 (c. 1722–25)
- Bach Partitas on O Gott, du frommer Gott for Organ, BWV 767 (c. 1707–08)
- Bach Suite No. 6 in D major for Cello, BWV 1012 (c. 1720)