The power of Bach is felt as deeply in his solo works as in his music for large ensemble. CMS presents a rare opportunity to hear six extraordinary artists performing works of astounding ingenuity, revealing Bach at the height of his compositional skill as he mines each instrument’s unique expressive potential.
- Bach Partita in A minor for Flute, BWV 1013 (after 1723)
- Bach Suite No. 3 in C major for Cello, BWV 1009 (c. 1720)
- Bach Prelude and Fugue in D major for Organ, BWV 532
- Bach Suite in E minor for Guitar, BWV 996 (after 1712)
- Bach Sonata in G minor for Violin, BWV 1001 (1720)
- Bach English Suite in A minor for Keyboard, BWV 807 (before 1720)