How can one describe this program’s music? Think Granada and flamenco guitar and Don Quichotte. Elements of Spanish life and culture come to vivid life in the music not only of Spanish composers but also of those enticed by Spain’s irresistible attractions.
- Boccherini Quintet in E major for Two Violins, Viola, and Two Cellos, G. 275, Op. 11, No. 5 (1771)
- Ravel Don Quichotte à Dulcinée for Voice and Piano (1932–33)
- Turina Quartet in A minor for Piano, Violin, Viola, and Cello, Op. 67 (1931)
- Shostakovich Spanish Songs for Voice and Piano, Op. 100 (1956)
- Cassadó Trio in C major for Piano, Violin, and Cello (1926)
- Sarasate Navarra for Two Violins and Piano, Op. 33 (1889)