COVID-19 Readiness & Our Commitment to You
The safety of you, our audiences, is paramount. We strive to provide a safe and memorable experience with us, and we will continue to monitor federal, state, and city guidelines for health and safety. In addition, we are committed to enhancing the safety of our performers and employees who might have any interaction with our audiences.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, CMS and Lincoln Center will require all ticket purchasers to agree to our COVID-19 Liability Waiver.
At this time, CMS does not require guests to provide proof of vaccination to attend performances at Alice Tully Hall or the Rose Studio at CMS, however, all guests must maintain appropriate face coverings at all times, including during the performance.
Arriving at Alice Tully Hall or the Rose Studio at CMS
- Wear a mask.
- All guests must maintain appropriate face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times while at Alice Tully Hall and the Rose Studio, including during the performance.
- Makeshift masks are not allowed, including non-surgical paper masks, scarves, neck gaiters, as well as masks with holes/filters/breathing valves.
- Guests are encouraged to maintain their face coverings at the post-concert reception except when drinking.
- If you don’t feel well, stay home.
- All live performance ticket buyers will be given access to their accompanying concert online within two weeks to stream on chambermusicsociety.org. Check your email for details after your performance.
- If you are unable to attend a performance, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Your Health and Safety
In partnership with Lincoln Center, we have instituted several changes to ensure a healthy and safe environment upon your return.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: There are regular and thorough cleanings of all restrooms and public touchpoints, including tables, chairs, elevators, and handrails.
- HVAC Compliance: Alice Tully Hall and the Rose Studio both exceed CDC guidelines for indoor air quality.
- eTickets/Contactless Entry: We encourage contactless options as much as possible. Ask us if you’d like your tickets digitally delivered instead of receiving physical tickets.
Should you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our Audience & Ticketing Services team at 212-875-5788 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines as of August 2022. These protocols are subject to change at any time and will be communicated with our audiences should additional protocols become necessary.