The magnificent sonority of multiple pianists in collaboration is one of CMS’s most unique and unforgettable offerings. Whether playing on one or two keyboards, this team of virtuoso pianists will astound and delight as they perform masterpieces of the piano ensemble repertoire. This program’s first half offers Russian music both grand and witty, while the second half features irresistible music from France: the intimate Dolly Suite and Gershwin's evocative portrayal of the city of lights.
Presented by the University of Northern Iowa.
- Shostakovich Concertino for Two Pianos, Op. 94 (1954)
- Schnittke Homage to Igor Stravinsky, Sergei Prokofiev, and Dmitri Shostakovich for Piano, Six Hands (1979)
- Rachmaninov Suite No. 2 in C minor for Two Pianos, Op. 17 (1900-01)
- Fauré Dolly Suite for Piano, Four Hands, Op. 56 (1894-96)
- Gershwin An American in Paris for Two Pianos (1928)