The incredible pianist, composer and professor Alexander Taneyev (1856-1915) is one of the most exciting discoveries for all who love Russian music. Taneyev’s epic Piano Quintet - just now emerging into the mainstream of the most popular chamber music - anchors a program that affirms Taneyev’s mastery through the genius of his students Prokofiev and Rachmaninov, and reveals Taneyev’s roots in the music of his mentor Tchaikovsky.
- Rachmaninov: Trio élégiaque in G minor for Piano, Violin, and Cello
- Tchaikovsky: Souvenir d'un lieu cher for Violin and Piano, Op. 42
- Prokofiev: Sonata in C major for Two Violins, Op. 56
- Taneyev: Quintet in G minor for Piano, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Op. 30
- Wu Han, piano
- Alexander Sitkovetsky, violin
- Arnaud Sussmann, violin
- Matthew Lipman, viola
- Nicholas Canellakis, cello
Headshots available on the individual artist pages above.
Download a group picture here.
This program is available for touring March 7-13; 16-19, 2019.
For more information about booking CMS in North America, contact David Rowe Artists Management.