The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center (CMS) seeks a Marketing Manager to join the organization at an exciting time of institutional accomplishment and growth. The Marketing Manager manages, supports, and helps direct the marketing activities of CMS. The Marketing Manager oversees the content and copy creation, scheduling, and management of all CMS social media channels; develops and implements CMS’s audience development strategies; assists the Director of Marketing with various PR, marketing, and advertising needs, along with other duties as directed. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
The Marketing Manager manages and supports the following areas:
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEB
- Establish a social media strategy and content designed to engage current audiences and increase new audiences, including ideation and creation of daily content calendar.
- Develop creative and copy for all social media channels.
- Set goals and Key Performance Indicators per channel to track growth across social media channels and report on consumer trends and provide insights on engagement.
- Research and recommend new platforms, offerings, and opportunities to engage new audiences.
- Manage day-to-day website maintenance, in coordination with Marketing Associate.
- Works with the Marketing Associate to organize photo archive and provide necessary requests to PR and Touring staff.
- Project manage media (video & audio) for marketing efforts, such as interviews with Artistic Directors or artists, clips of rehearsal, audio clips of season’s programs etc. to support ticket sales.
- Ideate and implement innovative, data-driven audience development strategies that focus on reaching new and diverse audiences and increasing customer loyalty of current audiences.
- Collaborate with Audience & Ticketing Services team to leverage and maximize audience engagement, loyalty, and ticket sales.
- Develop and execute the Long-Haul model for new and returning audiences, finding original ways to move customers along the patron’s journey.
- Create and report upon audience research and customer behavior analytics, including past sales and key stakeholder behavior, and marketing campaign reports.
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications and outside agencies to create strategy and schedule for digital marketing campaigns, both organic and paid. Monitor performance and return on investments of paid campaigns.
- Collaborates and assists with all elements of subscription renewal campaigns, single ticket campaigns, partnering with digital content and development teams as appropriate.
MUST HAVES FOR THE POSITION
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, social media, or audience development
- Relevant experience in social media marketing and being the social media voice for an institution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of products in the Adobe Creative suite, including video editing
- Strong computer and project management experience
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Knowledge of classical music repertoire
- Knowledge of Tessitura and Wordfly softwares, a big plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Basecamp or other project management software
KEY INTERACTIONS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications. This person will regularly interact with all members of the Marketing & Communications, Development, Artistic, Digital Content, and Administration teams.
The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately 85% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. This person will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
This is an in-office position, working from the Lincoln Center campus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CMS offers competitive compensation that include an excellent health insurance plan, dental and vision benefits, vacation, paid time off, among others. Salary range for this position is $48,000-52,000. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Manager.” Please, no phone calls. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workforce.
The Development Officer for Individual Giving is a full-time employee of Chamber Music Society reporting to the Director of Development. The position manages all activities related to the acquisition and stewardship of individual donors giving less than $25,000 annually. The position supports the Director of Develop¬ment and the Executive Director on major gift solicitations and stewardship and assists in managing the Global Council (a special giving circle). The CMS Friends circle recognizes donors under $2,500, and the Patrons program offers donors of $2,500 or more special insider events and “meet the artists” opportunities. Gifts from non-Board Friends and Patrons account for approximately 25 percent of all contributed income raising over $880,000 annually.
During the 18 months of lockdown resulting from the pandemic, CMS created a huge amount of digital content that inspired a tremendous outpouring of support from individuals. The number of donors nearly doubled and new gifts online ranged from $10 to $10,000. Many people made multiple gifts, seeing it as an alternative to a ticket purchase each time they watched the mostly free programs. In the coming season as the concert halls reopen, a primary goal for this position will be to develop engagement strategies to retain both long-standing and new donors. The position has primary responsibility for overseeing and implementing moves management tracking in the donor database – Tessitura.
This position works with Marketing to produce Annual Fund materials both print and electronic; collaborates with the Associate Director of Special Events on the planning and execution of cultivation events; assists with research as needed; and attends most cultivation events.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Annual Fund Campaign
- Work with Executive and Development Directors to develop moves management strategies for Patrons and track touch points in Tessitura
- Develop seasonal timeline and strategy for annual fund solicitations to individuals, both current donors and prospects at all levels
- Work with Director of Development to draft solicitation letters and other communications
- Oversee appeal mailings and e-solicitations to donors and prospects at each giving level with the support of the Development Associate
- Analyze success of appeals and adjust strategies as needed; prepare regular reports
- Work with Director of Development and Development Associate to plan and implement a new monthly giving program
- Create and track the timely mailing of acknowledgements
- Determine donor benefits, refreshing each season, and work with Artistic leadership, senior staff and Marketing staff to coordinate design and printing of individual giving brochures
- Track and fulfill promised benefits for Friends and Patrons
- Collaborates with the Associate Director of Special Events on the planning and production details for donor cultivation events, including: Home Concerts, Patron Dinners, Post-Concert Receptions and other events as directed, including the coordination of invitation mailings and other event-related materials, event set-up, etc.
- Manage invitations to intermission and post-concert receptions and staff the events on rotation with the rest of the Development team
- Help to staff special events, including Brandenburg Holiday Celebration, Spring Gala, Opening Night, and other events as directed
- Work with Manager of Development Operations to set up events in Tessitura and maintain event attendance records, (except for the Spring Gala, Opening Night, and Brandenburg Celebrations)
- Responsible for tracking donors and prospects in attendance at each concert
- Work closely with Director of Development to prepare annual Development budget for individual giving programs and support with analysis as needed
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare and input income data for cash flow/reconciliation each quarter
- Oversee accuracy of record-keeping for donor data, gift tracking, and event records with the support of the Manager of Development Operations
- Assist the Director of Development with major donor and Planned Giving tasks as needed
- Provide complete and accurate donor lists for website and Playbill listings
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the development office of a similar or larger organization than CMS
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Tessitura a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume in single pdf to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO CALLS PLEASE.
This is an onsite position; proof of Covid-19 vaccine required.
The Chamber Music Society is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.