The House Manager is an integral part of the experience for CMS audience members, welcoming guests to the Daniel and Joanna S. Rose Studio performance space and ensuring that guests can enter the hall efficiently and safely. As a public-facing position, the House Manager must have excellent communication skills, be able to handle issues effectively, and be comfortable interacting with the public.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Utilizing ticket scanning technology to admit guests into the performance space.
• Interacting directly with audience members, donors, and guests.
• Answering guests’ general questions and directing them around the venue.
• Coordinating with production staff to ensure that performances run smoothly.
• Communicating with Audience and Ticketing Services representatives to handle all customer service issues.
• Recognize and troubleshoot potential problems.
• Providing verbal and/or written reports of any issues to ticketing staff and/or security personnel.
House Managers are independent contractors, hired on a per-event basis. This role does not guarantee a set number of weekly hours.
Candidates must be available to work nights and select weekends. Experience with music or theatre industries a plus. All shifts will take place in New York City at The Daniel and Joanna S. Rose Studio, located at 165 W. 65th Street on the 10th floor of the Rose Building.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.