The Touring Coordinator reports to the Director of Artistic Planning and Touring. S/he is in charge of all servicing for CMS tours and residencies, including direct production support of some CMS residencies, and provides general support within the touring department.
• Prepare and manage all itineraries for CMS tours and residencies, under the direction of the Director of Artistic Planning and Touring.
• Maintain ongoing communication with all presenters, artist managers and artists about schedules and rehearsals, travel and amenities, stage and backstage requirements and other items as required.
• Assist in scheduling master classes of CMS artists on tour.
• Inform artists of transportation and hotel options for tours; coordinate all air and ground transportation, accommodation, rehearsal and performance schedules.
• Arrange for artist transportation to runout concerts.
• Track and pay all tour-related invoices.
• Assist with budgeting for touring.
• Periodically travel to tour locations in the US as needed, to act as stage manager and/or assist with production.
• Distribute CDs and merchandise for sale and track sales by tour presenters.
• Work with CMS Marketing department to provide support for CMS performances outside of New York City.
• Manage tax waivers where applicable.
• Track audience attendance on tour.
• Collect all live concert recordings from touring presenters and gather artist approvals.
• Procure visas for all foreign tours.
• Respond to all requests as necessary from Director of Artistic Planning and Touring.
At least 2 years of experience in the responsibilities of the position, including tour servicing and concert production. Must have a valid driver’s license and, based on tour circumstances, evening and weekend work may be required.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to TCSearch@chambermusicsociety.org. No phone inquiries please.