The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center (CMS) seeks a Marketing Manager to join the organization at an exciting time of institutional accomplishment and growth. The Marketing Manager manages, supports, and helps direct the marketing activities of CMS. The Marketing Manager oversees the content and copy creation, scheduling, and management of all CMS social media channels; develops and implements CMS’s audience development strategies; assists the Director of Marketing with various PR, marketing, and advertising needs, along with other duties as directed. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications. This is an in-office position, working from the Lincoln Center campus.
The Marketing Manager manages and supports the following areas:
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEB
- Establish, develop, and create a social media strategy and content designed to engage current audiences and increase new audiences, including ideation and creation of daily content calendar.
- Set goals and Key Performance Indicators per channel to track growth across social media channels and report on consumer trends and provide insights on engagement.
- Research and recommend new platforms, offerings, and opportunities to engage new audiences.
- Manage day-to-day website maintenance, in coordination with Marketing Associate.
- Works with the Marketing Associate to organize photo archive and provide necessary requests to PR and Touring staff.
- Project manage media (video & audio) for marketing efforts, such as interviews, clips of rehearsal, audio clips of season’s programs to support ticket sales.
- Work with Director and outside agencies to create strategy and schedule for digital marketing campaigns, both organic and paid. Monitor performance and return on investments of paid campaigns.
- Ideate and implement data-driven audience development strategies that focus on reaching new and diverse audiences and increasing customer loyalty of current audiences.
- Collaborate with Audience & Ticketing Services team to leverage and maximize audience engagement, loyalty, and ticket sales.
- Develop and execute the Long-Haul model for new and returning audiences, finding original ways to move customers along the patron’s journey.
- Create and report upon audience research and customer behavior analytics, including past sales and key stakeholder behavior, and marketing campaign reports.
- Collaborate and assist with various subscription renewal, acquisition, and single ticket campaigns.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, social media, or audience development
- Relevant experience in social media marketing and being the social media voice for an institution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of products in the Adobe Creative suite, including some video editing
DESIRABLE SKILLS BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Knowledge of classical music repertoire
- Knowledge of Tessitura and Wordfly softwares, a big plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CMS offers competitive compensation that include an excellent health insurance plan, dental and vision benefits, vacation, paid time off, among others. Salary range for this position is low-mid $50Ks. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for employment.
HOW TO APPLY Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Manager.” Please, no phone calls. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Officer for Operations is a full-time employee of The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center (CMS) reporting to the Director of Development. The position serves as the co-administrator of the Tessitura database (a member of the Marketing team shares that responsibility). The position liaises with the Finance office to track and reconcile all giving and manages the department’s expense budget.
Over the past two years, CMS has nearly doubled its individual donor base. The position will support the recently revised membership program to streamline systems, find efficiencies, and implement a new monthly giving program. Working with Development Manager, the position will ensure research is properly stored in the database and that records are coded correctly. The position has primary responsibility for analyzing and reporting on progress toward fundraising goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
TESSITURA MAXIMIZATION AND INTEGRITY
- Oversee and improve procedures and practices relating to database management that will ensure data integrity and accurate reporting
- Oversee data capture to proactively enable reporting and to inform analysis
- Collaborate with Director of Development to track, analyze, and report on goals and objectives that measure performance for each area of fundraising sources and activities, including membership, major giving, institutional giving, and special events
- Supply reports and analysis of CMS membership trends quarterly and as needed
- Assist in implementing a new monthly giving membership program
- Work closely with Marketing and Ticketing to monitor constituent records for completeness, correct spelling, address information, contact restrictions, and appropriate control-grouping and deduping, etc. to ensure data integrity
- Set up and configure campaigns, funds, designations, appeals, and events annually or as needed
- Support Department’s use of Tessitura Plans to track moves management and institutional giving deadlines and communications
- Manage donor screenings/prospecting of new ticket buyers and donors using i-Wave integration
- Provide data for grant reports and applications as requested
- Provide Tessitura functionality expertise and support to application users in the design and execution of Lists, Extractions, Output Sets, data imports/exports, and Analytics
- Support executive leadership and Development team, including new hires, with guidance and training in best practices
GIFT PROCESSING AND RECONCILIATION
- Process donations from all individuals or institutions, ensuring proper coding and link to membership category or event record, if applicable, and scan and properly file copies of checks and donation materials
- Oversee gift processing by other Development team members as needed
- Coordinate donor stock transfers with State Street Global Markets and communicate proper gift valuation for acknowledgements
- Post gifts to the general ledger and reconcile income reports with Controller and Ticketing
- Prepare checks for deposit, and bring to the bank
- On a monthly basis, work with the Controller to reconcile all gift revenue between Tessitura and CMS bank accounts
- Work with Finance Department to ensure accurate records and audit compliance
DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION AND GENERAL DUTIES
- Collaborate closely with Director of Development to prepare annual Development expense budget
- Serve as Development Department budget manager and process and track all invoices and expenses
- Code and track Department’s American Express expenditures
- In rotation with other members of the Department, staff intermission receptions and other events as needed
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the development office of a similar or larger organization than CMS
- Excellent computer skills, including solid knowledge of Tessitura, Analytics, and familiarity with TNEW
- SQL Server experience a plus
- Experience administering credit card processing systems
- Ability to work on deadline to meet reporting goals
- Strong writing and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume in single pdf to: email@example.com NO CALLS PLEASE.
This is an onsite position; proof of Covid-19 vaccine required.
The Chamber Music Society is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.