The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center (“CMS” or “we”) is committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information.
Scope and information that this Online Privacy Statement covers
This Online Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) applies to Personal Information (defined below) collected on our websites, mobile applications, or cloud-based services and communication platforms with a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). It covers how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process Personal Information as of the date that this Privacy Statement is posted. It does not apply to any other information collected by CMS through any other means. By “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies or can reasonably identify you personally.
1. Information We May Collect About You
For public areas of our Site, we generally collect and process only Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us. We don't require you to give us Personal Information to access certain public areas of our Site. This is true unless you live in a country that defines Personal Information to include network identifiers like your Internet Protocol addresses. For some secure areas of our Site, however, we require you to provide Personal Information, including your login credentials. We also collect your Personal Information on the Site to perform services on our Site, enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, our co-marketers, and other organizations and companies with which we collaborate.
If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we legitimately require, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested. Public areas of our Site ask for Personal Information from you when you engage in the following activities:
- Sign up for newsletters or information about programs and services, events, and/or opportunities provided by us, our affiliated companies, our co-marketers, and other organizations and companies with which we collaborate
- Register for an account on our Site
- Purchase tickets or register for an event
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion
- Interact with us or our programs or services through social networks
- Respond to surveys or submit comments, reviews, forms or other user-generated content
- Donate on our Site
- Request customer or technical support
Personal Information includes:
- Postal or billing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Location via IP address
- Device being used to access our Site
- Previous history with our Site
- Other relevant data
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain non-Personal Information about how you use our Site. This non-Personal Information cannot reasonably identify you and is used for statistical and legitimate business purposes. Additionally, we may ask you to provide additional demographic information, such as gender or income level, but this information is optional.
2. Information Collected Through Technology
We may also obtain information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. We process this information to help our Site function correctly and better understand the needs of our customers.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Site, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we may collect include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, are gathered if you enabled the functionality within our product configuration.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Gathering of IP address is used for our enhanced security.
3. Cookies, Advertising, and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information is also obtained in other ways through technology we deploy. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, we use and allow third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly and better understand the needs of our customers.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how those users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies, which are erased when you close your browser.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, marketing, or promotions, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers or browser plugins can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
You can learn about Google’s practices, our Analytics service, by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of them by downloading Google’s Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
4. How We Use and Share Personal Information
Except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless you otherwise consent to such sharing. We will not sell your individual Personal Information. Whatever the purpose may be – whether we share with service providers or other external entities – we only process and share your Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our business and legal objectives. We may also use what we know about you to potentially offer you other products and services in the future. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have for purposes including, without limitation, to better tailor and personalize our offerings and our communications with you. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
Supporter Information. From time to time, we exchange or share our donor, audience member, and visitor names (“Supporters”) and mailing addresses with other nonprofit organizations to maintain an active Supporter list to support our mission. We may provide aggregated data to these and other organizations for their own marketing and fundraising purposes. As a Supporter, you may at any time ask us not to share your information with other nonprofit organizations. To make this type of request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Activities. We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Send you communications about programs and services, events, opportunities, a program, concert, or other event, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you
- Process event and ticket registrations and fulfill other requests for products and services
- Process donations and other purchases at your request
- Verify your identity or other fraud prevention measures and reporting obligations
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our services
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities
- Help us run our business
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
As noted, we may send periodic promotional emails to you, and where required by law, we will obtain your consent to do so. You may opt out of such communications at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information, we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Authorized Service Providers. We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf and to help us improve our products and services. Those functions may include payment card processing, analyzing, or hosting data on cloud-based servers, website support and design, customer research, management of customer databases, and analyzing Personal Information for marketing purposes, so that we can provide you with more relevant and useful information, such as information about special offers, fundraising opportunities, or new services or events that may be of interest to you. We may disclose certain Personal Information to these companies and other individuals performing services in the United States or other locations where we conduct business.
Contest Sponsors. We may occasionally present a special contest, sweepstake or other promotion on the Site, and the promotion may be sponsored by a third party. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide Personal Information. If we plan to share the Personal Information we request from you with the promotion’s sponsor, we will notify you at the point at which the information is collected, such as in the promotion’s official rules.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That’s why we have taken commercially reasonable steps to put technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. For example, we provide the option to encrypt all information you submit to us using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology that helps protect information during transport to our Site. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
If you purchase any products from CMS, we will use your credit card only to process your transactions. Your credit card information is not stored on our servers.
6. Data Retention
Depending on the product or service, we will retain your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes.
7. How You Can Update Your Personal Information, File a Complaint, Ask Us Questions, Opt-Out, or Send Us Comments About This Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or wish to correct or update your Personal Information, or opt-out from any updates you have requested, write to our Audience & Ticketing Services team service using the following contact details. We will investigate your complaint and use reasonable efforts to respond to you as soon as possible.
Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
Audience & Ticketing Services Team
70 Lincoln Center Plaza, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10023
In certain jurisdictions, such as the European Union, you may have the right to access, correct, port, or even erase the data we have about you. To make such a request, contact us at the information above.
8. Cross-Border Data Transfer
CMS is based in the United States of America. If you are located in a jurisdiction outside of the United States, or a territory of the United States, these data protection laws may not be considered to provide an adequate level of protection under your local data protection laws. If you are a visitor to this Site and prefer not to have your Personal Information transferred to the United States, or one of its territories, do not use this Site. Otherwise, by using this Site or providing any information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States and other destinations outside your home country.
This Site is not generally intended or directed to individuals under the age of 16, except for certain situations involving special programs, including those promoting the arts and music educational activities, with parental consent and/or involvement. Although we may, at times, allow certain minors to participate in virtual educational activities and programs, and always with parental consent and involvement, those interactions are limited, and do not collect more information than is necessary to enable youth to participate in these activities. If you believe we have impermissibly collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us as detailed above.
10. Linking to External Websites
This Site contains hyperlinks to other websites. CMS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Your linking to any off-site pages or other websites is at your own risk.
The contents of this Site including all images, text, video, and audio are for personal, educational, and noncommercial use only. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without written consent from The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Inc.
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material change in how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process Personal Information, we will prominently post an updated Privacy Statement on our Site. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective 10 days after our posting of the updated Privacy Statement or as otherwise required by applicable law. Where required to do so by law, we will seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Privacy Statement.
Last updated June 1, 2023
Tickets Terms & Conditions
By attending an event at CMS, all patrons are acknowledging their consent to and agree to abide by the following terms:
- All sales are final: no refunds or exchanges for non-subscription tickets.
- Programs, dates, times, pricing, and venues are subject to change without notice.
- This ticket is a revocable license to attend the event on the front of the ticket. Lincoln Center and CMS reserve the right to revoke the license, to refuse admission or eject any person for violation of the law or the terms or conditions hereof, including disorderly conduct, unauthorized possession or use of devices for recording, photographing or transmitting, solicitation or unlawful resale.
- Fire safety regulations require us to keep aisles clear of obstructions, including mobility assistive devices. Please cooperate with our efforts to ensure the timely return of your device during breaks in the performance and at the performance end.
- This event may be recorded (by audiovisual or photographic means), and such recordings may include pictures of the audience or individuals in the audience. Your attendance at the event shall be deemed your consent to appear in such recordings and to the unlimited exploitation of such recordings in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- Maximum Premium Price: Greater of $5.00 or 20% of price shown on the face of this ticket, plus lawful tax.
- Taking photographs and the use of recording equipment are strictly prohibited.
- Cell phone use inside the venue is prohibited by New York City Administrative Code 24-218.1.
- Unless specified on front of ticket, late seating will not be permitted.
- If the performance is canceled or rescheduled, Lincoln Center or CMS may, in its discretion, refund the ticket if Lincoln Center or CMS has not, within 12 months, given the purchaser the opportunity to exchange this ticket for a similar event or attend a rescheduled performance of the event.
- By purchasing or reserving any ticket, you agree to follow all Lincoln Center safety regulations and agree to any COVID-19 liability waiver at the time of purchase.