Travel with CMS
September 15 – 23, 2022 • For more information call 212-875-5782
The Chamber Music Society returns to the road with a fabulous week in lovely Provence this fall! Join our artistic directors, David Finckel and Wu Han, and their colleagues for an intimate sojurn in the south of France filled with great music, food, and the conviviality for which our trips are renowned.
From Roman generals to painters, poets, and writers to gourmets of all stripes, Provence has long been an inspiration for good living. We will savor it all: epic Roman monuments, charming hill towns, picturesque landscapes, outstanding food and wine in Michelin-starred restaurants. Our base is the luxurious 5-star Hotel La Mirande in the medieval town of Avignon, home of the Papacy during the 14th century and one of the most powerful cities of the time. We also visit the city of Arles with its splendid Roman remains and traces of Van Gogh, the town of L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and its famed Sunday antique market, and some of Provence’s lovely perched villages. We’ll indulge in the wines of the Rhône valley, including fine Chateauneuf-du-Pape reds, the prime olive oils made on a 12th century farm, and many more culinary delights. And best of all, you will hear three wonderful private concerts by CMS artists in and near the town of Avignon.
- Three private concerts performed by Chamber Music Society musicians in distinctive venues
- Five-star accommodations at the Hotel La Mirande in Avignon
- Fine dining throughout the trip: breakfast daily, 5 lunches and 3 dinners
- Private wine tasting near Chateauneuf-du-Pape, and private olive oil tasting in the Vallée des Baux
- Private tours of important sites in Provence, including the Roman monuments at Orange, Pont du Gard, Arles, and Nîmes, the Abbey of Senanque, and others, with expert guides
- Optional cooking class by a top chef
- Private, air-conditioned coach for all excursions in the itinerary
- Private transfers from Marseilles Provence airport, and Avignon TGV station
- Free time for additional sight-seeing, relaxing or shopping
$12,150 per person, double occupancy.
Single supplement: $2,990
Deadline for Response: August 8, 2022
Tour limited to 25 participants
For more information contact Marie-Louise Stegall at 212-875-5782